Posted by Mr. Gee in

“I was sitting behind two teenage girls on a bus. One of them was upset because her parents couldn’t afford to buy a dress she had wanted. She didn’t really like her second choice. ‘Then Mom was upset because I didn’t say thank you,’ she complained. ‘I don’t know what she expected me to say thank you for!’ Ungrateful child, I thought. Not long after that, I began pondering the promise of ‘a blessing that there shall not be room enough to receive it’ (3 Ne. 24:10). Although I had been paying my tithing and fulfilling my other obligations, I did not feel overwhelmed with blessings. In fact, I felt that I had little to be grateful for. Suddenly, my experience on the bus flashed through my mind. I, too, had been an ungrateful child. First as a trickle and then increasing to a torrent, there came to me a powerful awareness of the blessings I had received. From tiny everyday blessings to the great blessing of the Atonement, the gifts God had given me were both abundant and wondrous. The windows of heaven had been open all the time. I just hadn’t noticed.”

Carolyn Wright, Tambuli, Nov 1994, 11

This entry was posted on November 6, 2008 at 1:19 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment